What is Unwanted Kit?
Safe abortion in Alaska a combination of two medicines, an ‘Unwanted Kit’ is used for terminating a pregnancy or inducing a medical abortion. It terminates the pregnancy by blocking the action of progesterone (a female hormone necessary to maintain pregnancy).
How To Use Unwanted Kit?
1) The Unwanted Kit is only meant to be taken if you’re 11 weeks pregnant (or fewer). So you’d have to count the days and weeks from the first day of your last menstrual cycle.
2) Take a mifepristone pill with a glass of water. You must consume it 24-48 hours before taking the misoprostol pills.
3) Take four misoprostol pills after 1-2 days of consuming the mifepristone pill. You can consume them at your preferred time of the day. These pills aren’t meant for swallowing. You should keep them under your tongue carefully so that they dissolve.
4) You’ll have to wait 30 minutes for the misoprostol pills to dissolve. Don’t eat or drink anything during this period.
5) After 30 minutes, drink water to cleanse your mouth. This will also ensure the leftover pills get absorbed.
Here Is a Pro Tip for Unwanted Kit Usage:
Ask an individual (friend or family) you trust to keep you company throughout the process. This would ensure you have help as and when you need it. In addition, stock up on pain medication before using the Unwanted Kit.
Unwanted Kit – How does it work?
Safe abortion in Alaska kit can terminate a pregnancy if it’s used within 11 weeks of conception. It consists of 4 pills of misoprostol and a pill called mifepristone. You can consume the pills a day or two apart and from the comfort of your own home.
Unwanted Kit Benefits
The Unwanted Kit can be used to terminate a pregnancy in its early stage. Also, it is essentially a non-surgical method that is successful 90% of the time.
Unwanted Kit Side Effects
Unwanted Kit comes with some side effects. However, most of these side effects don’t require any medical attention. As your body starts adjusting to the medicine, the side effects recede. Here are some of the side effects of the Unwanted Kit.
- Uterine contractions
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Stomach cramp